09 April 2010

no-installation curtain rods


Dressing a window with curtains is a great and inexpensive way to make a dorm room feel less common and standard. And a pop of color could break up the white-ish tan expanse of the walls we know all too well. But there's the question of how to hang them.


The choices for curtains are pretty much endless, but as for curtain rods... there are limits, since the university prohibits the nails and screws necessary to install heavy-duty rods. (Unless you're cool with chancing a fine at the end of the year.)

I use a suspension rod, available at stores like Home Depot or Bed Bath and Beyond. Unfortunately, though, their strength is limited.

After mine broke with the weight of two curtain panels, I set out to purchase a new one at Bed Bath and Beyond. I wasn't too upset to upgrade my previous $4 investment.

And learning my lesson, I now only use one curtain panel.

Do you use a curtain rod? What worked for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment