09 December 2009

Hana's cozy common room

This common room features one resident's original artwork, a dish ware station (which I love), and homey furniture.

Photobucket hana hana

Name: Hana W
Location: Brown University, Hegeman
Type of room: common room






Q&A with the dorm dwellers:

How did you all decide to decorate collectively?

As far as deciding to decorate our space, we tried to be resourceful since we are all pretty cheap people lol. We put my paintings up on all the walls, used Joanna's ceramics to eat/drink with, and decorated with Areebah's treasures from Syria (like the fabric hanging on the window). As far as furniture, the couch was free, and the chair joanna made in her art history class last year. Almost everything else we got from garage sales (the lights, the fake plants), or made by going to List and stealing wood (like the mini table). The only thing we got together and paid for was the $30 rug. It's funny because all of our bedrooms are very distinctively us, but we all brought that together to decorate our common room. I think our common room really represents each of us.

Were there any difficulties/differences in designing the common room as opposed to your own bedrooms?

The only "difficulty" is that I wanted the paintings that are in the living room to go in my room, but it just seemed to fit better in the common room, so we chose to put it there. My suitemates were all really nice about letting me put my artwork up.


Thanks Hana!

No comments:

Post a Comment