12 December 2009

Kim's room through the years

dorm tour

metcalf213
woolley326 emwool213 metcalf213

Name: Kim Arredondo
Location: Brown University, Woolley, Emery, Metcalf
Type of room: Double, Single, Single with closet

Over the years, my room has changed a lot, but my main decorations (and of course, the given dorm furniture) remain more or less the same. Here is a sampling of pictures to see just how my room layout has evolved with my different rooms.

You can really get a sense for how certain furniture has taken on different purposes throughout the years. For example, my adjustable chrome shelving unit. First visible in the photo with the aqua blue bedspread above, I used it as a headboard of sorts. Below, you can see it as a display unit and lastly strictly for storage purposes in my closet this year.

emwool213

Photobucket

I also learned a little bit about the importance of a clutter-free,
effective desk space over the years. Though, I do admit, it did take some time.

woolley326

emwool213

Photobucket

Also, another piece of furniture -- that might not immediately strike you as furniture -- is a refrigerator. My freshman year roommate used her refrigerator as a stand for her microwave, which in turn was a stand for other snacks and such things. My sophomore year, I used my refrigerator as an area for my bowls, and for my short-lived flower (which is pictured below). This year, my refrigerator doubles as a night stand, for my nightlight, my phone, and whatever book I'm reading.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm an incoming freshman at Brown this coming fall, and I just got my rooming assignment! I'm in Woolley. I'm looking for some insight into what the rooms are like- big/small? Cinderblock? Do you have any pictures that show a good idea of a Woolley double?

    ReplyDelete